Thomas C. Moses Professor in Finance
- Ph.D. Finance, The Ohio State University, 1996
- FIN 412, Corporate Financial Problems, Fall
- Corporate Finance
- Capital Structure
- Equity Issues and Repurchases
- Insider Trading
Publications and Working Papers
- “Declining propensity to pay? A re-examination of the lifecycle theory,” with Monica Banyi, Journal of Corporate Finance, forthcoming.
- "The effect of demand for shares on the timing and underpricing of seasoned equity offerings,” with Vincent Intintoli and Shrikant Jategaonkar, Financial Management, Financial Management 43, no. 1, Spring 2014, 61-86.
- Access to capital, investment, and the financial crisis,” with René Stulz, Journal of Financial Economics,
2013, Vol. 110 (2), 280-299. [Lead Article]
- Seasoned equity offerings: the effect of inside ownership and float," with Vincent Intintoli, Financial Management, Vol. 39, No. 4, 2010, 1575-1599.
- "Measuring abnormal bond performance,” with Hendrik Bessimbinder, Bill Maxwell and Danielle Xu; Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 22, no. 10, October 2009, 4219-4258.
- “Why Do U.S. Firms Hold so Much More Cash than They Used to?” with Thomas W. Bates and Rene Stulz, Journal of Finance, Vol. 64, no. 5, October 2009, 1985-2022. [Lead Article]
- "Errors in Estimating Share Repurchases,” with Monica Banyi and Ed Dyl; Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 14, no. 4, September 2008, 460-474.
- “Reassessing the information content of insider trades: an examination of company loan financed insider purchases,” with Jon Garfinkel and Kuldeep Shastri, Financial Management, 36, no. 4, Winter 2007, 67-88.
- Firm performance, capital structure, and the tax benefits of employee stock options," with Kuldeep Shastri, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 40, no. 1, March 2005, 135-160.
- "Executive loans," with Kuldeep Shastri, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 39, no. 4, December 2004.
- Long-run performance of secondary equity issues: A direct test of the windows of opportunity hypothesis," with Craig Dunbar and Jonathan Clarke, Journal of Business 77, no. 3, July 2004, 575-603.
- "When a buyback isn't a buyback: Open-market repurchases and employee options," Journal of Financial Economics 63, January 2002, 235-261.
- "Long-run performance and insider trading in completed vs. canceled seasoned equity offerings," with Craig Dunbar and Jonathan Clarke, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 36, no. 4, December 2001 (lead article and winner of 2001 William F. Sharpe Award for Scholarship in Financial Research, Best Paper in Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis).
- "Insider trading and the long-run performance of new security issues," Journal of Corporate Finance 6, March 2000, 25-53.
- "The impact of industry classifications on financial research," with Ralph A. Walkling, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 31, no. 3, September 1996, 309-335 (lead article).