Associate Professor of Finance
Anheuser-Busch Endowed Chair
- Ph.D. Finance, University of Oregon, 2002
- FIN 480, Finance for New Ventures, Fall
- FIN 536, New Venture Finance, Fall
- FIN 620A, Financial Markets and Corporate Finance, Fall
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Entrepreneurial Finance
“Refinancing risk and cash holdings,” with Jarrad Harford and William Maxwell, Journal of Finance, Vol. 69, No. 3, 2014, 975-1012.
[Lead Article – June Issue]
“Industry concentration and corporate disclosure policy,” with Ashiq Ali and Eric Yeung, Journal of Accounting and Economics, forthcoming.
- Corporate suppliers and customers and accounting conservatism,” with Kai Wai Hui and Eric Yeung, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 53, No. 1, 2012, 115-135.
- Determinants of CEO pay: A comparison of ExecuComp and non-ExecuComp firms,” with Brian Cadman and Steve Matsunaga, Accounting Review, Vol. 85 No. 5, 2010, 1511-1543.
- “The limitations of industry concentration measures constructed with Compustat data: Implications for finance research,” with Ashiq Ali and Eric Yeung, Review of Financial Studies, Vol. 22 No. 10, 2009, 3839-3871.
[Lead Article – October Issue]
- "Do firms have leverage targets? Evidence from acquisitions,” with Jarrad Harford and Nathan Walcott, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 93 No. 1, 2009, 1-14.
[Lead Article – July Issue]
- "The strategic use of corporate cash holdings in collective bargaining with labor unions,” with William Maxwell and Hernan Ortiz-Molina, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 92 No. 3, 2009, 421-442.
- "Institutional stakeholdings and better-informed traders at earnings announcements,” with Ashiq Ali and Oliver Zhen Li, Journal of Accounting and Economics, Vol. 46 No. 1, 2008, 47-61.
- "The Influence of Product Market Dynamics on the Firm's Cash Holdings and Hedging Behavior," with David Haushalter and William Maxwell, Journal of Financial Economics, Vol. 84 No. 3, 2007, 797-825.
- "Why do controlling families of public firms sell their remaining ownership stake?" Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Vol. 42 No. 2, 2007, 339-368.
- "Takeover activity as a response to time-varying changes in investment opportunity sets: Evidence from takeover sequences," with Mike Stegemoller, Financial Management, Vol. 36 No. 2, 2007, 19-43.