Application Package Requirements
To expedite the processing of your application follow these instructions carefully. All information must be received for an application to be considered complete.
No work experience is required.
All applicants should add email.arizona.edu, eller.arizona.edu and grad.arizona.edu to their authorized email sites to avoid important mail regarding the application to be tagged as junk mail.
You must meet the minimum entrance requirements to apply for the one-year Master's in Finance program.
- A B.S. or B.A. degree in a business-related field (finance, accounting, economics, etc.). Applicants are welcome from other fields, though additional coursework
may be required in the summer prior to the program start.
- Minimum GPA: 3.00
- No work experience is required, nor does it affect the application decision.
- GMAT (or GRE) results required
- TOEFL required for international students
if education has been in a non-English speaking country
- Complete online application packet with materials as detailed below
Students without extensive finance or accounting (senior-level) coursework may be required to take perquisite coursework in the summer prior to starting the MSF program. Online modules offered through the University of Arizona Outreach College and taught by a Finance Department faculty member may be recommended or required. Details of possible prerequisite requirements are available here.
Full instructions and requirements are included in the online application.
- Affidavit of Domicile (Arizona residents complete with application)
- Proof of Financial Resources (international students)
- Statement of Intent
- 2 Letters of Reference: Names and contact information
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities, except UA
- GMAT (or GRE) results (School Code 4832)
- TOEFL (international students only; School Code 4832)
In addition to completing this online application, you are required to send Official Transcripts from all institutions directly to the Finance Department at:
Master's in Finance Program
Department of Finance
The University of Arizona
McClelland Hall, Room 315R
1130 E. Helen Street
Tucson , AZ 85721-0108
The deadlines for applications are:
- December 1: International Applications.
Includes those currently studying in the U.S.
- February 1: Domestic Applications.
U.S. citizens or permanent residents only.
For additional information, please contact us.